The Erika Bloom Pilates Comprehensive Certification Program
Erika Bloom Pilates is known for its superior Pilates instructors, trained with an eye for detail and ability to custom tailor focused and effective sessions for every client type. For nearly a decade, the goal of our Comprehensive Pilates Certification has been to train exceptional instructors and expand our Pilates community.
Our certification program provides both Pilates mat certification and full 600+ hour Pilates apparatus certification. With one program, you will be prepared to teach informed and effective sessions of the Pilates repertoire including mat and the complete apparatus: Reformer, Cadillac, Chair, and Barrel.
The curriculum will provide you with in depth knowledge of both the classical and contemporary exercises as well as additional information that is typically only found through continuing education courses including an extensive pre and postnatal certification, and thorough coursework in back pain, scoliosis correction, and more, spanning months of the program. Learn to teach your clients to master the exercises, change their bodies, and improve their health.
New York City Full Certification | October 2020 – May 2021
The Erika Bloom Pilates Comprehensive Certification is incredibly thorough a we maintain a limited enrollment to ensure each student has a personalized learning experience. We accept students by application only and consider all certifying students as potential candidates to join our amazing team of Erika Bloom Pilates instructors.
To Apply | Send a letter of interest with your resumé to email@example.com. We’ll be in touch to schedule an interview, or to answer any questions you may have about the program.
- Classical mat exercises
- Classical Reformer, Cadillac, Barrel, and Chair exercises
- New exercises developed by contemporary Pilates leaders
- Use of props and small apparatus including physioballs, bosu balls, balance boards, therabands, small balls and more
- Proper form and alignment for each exercise
- Detailed information on the biomechanics of each exercise
- In-depth anatomy through hands-on learning
- Hands-on cueing and adjustments
- Methods of exercise modification
- Imagery and visualizations
- Contraindications and modifications for injuries and special populations
- Therapeutic solutions for injuries and special populations
- How to create effective, customized sessions for each body type, injury, and condition
What Sets our Program Apart?
- Self-practice and practice teaching hours supervised by Erika Bloom
- Ample space, equipment, and time for self-practice and practice teaching
- Two complimentary private Pilates sessions per month with an Erika Bloom instructor ($284 monthly value)
- Complimentary attendance of private Erika Bloom Team continuing education workshops
- Observation of sessions by the most sought after Pilates instructors
“From day one, my training with Erika Bloom gave me confidence that I was a Pilates instructor a cut above the rest. With hands-on training and no nonsense lectures and discussions, the course provided me with an unparalleled education in anatomy, biomechanics, and the intricacies of the Pilates repertoire. Erika’s knowledge and experience is unmatched in the industry and I feel incredibly proud to say I am an Erika Bloom Pilates certified Pilates instructor.” —Hayley S, Graduate of the Erika Bloom Pilates Comprehensive Certification
“If you are interested in becoming a Pilates instructor, I cannot speak highly enough about the Erika Bloom Pilates Plus 600 Hour(+) Comprehensive Certification Program. Completing this program was one of the best investments I could have possibly made in pursuing a career teaching Pilates. As part of a small certification group, we received specific, in-depth, and personalized training with the fine-tuned understanding of Erika Bloom’s renowned approach and method. The comprehensive curriculum encompassed fundamental Pilates principles, biomechanics and anatomy, mat and apparatus choreography, and specific populations training. We learned techniques of understanding body reading and fascial patterning as well as how to combine release work, therapeutics, and strength training to address, re-pattern, and prevent body imbalances. Strong mentorship and careful instruction led by Erika and other senior and master instructors insured that we are now fully prepared to develop a Pilates routine catered to any individual’s needs and goals.” —Sonja B, Graduate of the Erika Bloom Pilates Comprehensive Certification