Our next Erika Bloom Method Pilates Certification will be October 2017 – May 2018.
Erika Bloom Pilates is known for its superior Pilates instructors, trained with an eye for detail and ability to custom tailor focused and effective sessions for every client type. The goal of the Comprehensive Pilates Certification is both to train exceptional instructors and expand our Pilates community.
The Comprehensive Pilates Certification provides both Pilates mat certification and full 600+ hour Pilates apparatus certification. With one program, you will be prepared to teach informed and effective sessions of the Pilates repertoire including mat and the complete apparatus: Reformer, Cadillac, Chair, and Barrel.
Our program will provide you with in-depth knowledge of both the classical and contemporary exercises as well as additional information that is typically only found through continuing education courses. Learn to teach your clients to master the exercises, change their bodies, and improve their health.
You will finish knowing:
- Classical mat exercises
- Classical Reformer, Cadillac, Barrel, and Chair exercises
- New exercises developed by contemporary Pilates leaders
- Use of props and small apparatus including physioballs, bosu balls, balance boards, therabands, small balls and more
- Proper form and alignment for each exercise
- Detailed information on the biomechanics of each exercise
- In-depth anatomy through hands-on learning
- Hands-on cueing and adjustments
- Methods of exercise modification
- Imagery and visualizations
- Contraindications and modifications for injuries and special populations
- Therapeutic solutions for injuries and special populations
- How to create effective, customized sessions for each body type, injury, and condition
What sets our program apart?
- Self-practice and practice teaching hours supervised by Erika Bloom
- Ample space, equipment, and time for self-practice and practice teaching
- Two complimentary private Pilates sessions per month with an Erika Bloom instructor
- A complimentary monthly group class exclusively for certification students
- Complimentary attendance of our continuing education workshops
- Observation of sessions by Manhattan’s most sought after Pilates instructors
Our program has limited enrollment. We accept students by application only and consider all certifying students as potential candidates to join our amazing team of Erika Bloom Pilates instructors. To apply, send a letter of interest with your resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will contact you to schedule an interview.
“From day one, my training with Erika Bloom gave me confidence that I was a
Pilates instructor a cut above the rest. With hands-on training and no nonsense lectures and discussions, the course provided me with an unparalleled education in anatomy, biomechanics, and the intricacies of the Pilates repertoire. Erika’s knowledge and experience is unmatched in the industry and I feel incredibly proud to say I am an Erika Bloom Pilates certified Pilates instructor.”
—Hayley Sunshine, Head of Pilates Program at The Buffalo Athletic Club